Regret Free Wedding Podcast Episode 4: 5 Secrets For The Biggest Decision You Will Ever Make – the marriage decision
How on earth do you know if they’re the “right one”? The marriage decision is THE biggest decision you will ever make. And it’s hard! And people don’t really talk about how hard it can be. In this episode, I’ll be sharing 5 things that would’ve helped me make my marriage decision with more confidence and given me the courage to act when it was time to act.
How do you know if you should get married? And if it’s right? Well here are my 5 tips:
1. You get to choose. There is no one person you’re supposed to be with and you’re on some magical hunt to find who that is. It’s your choice.
2. It’s up to your timing, not anyone else’s. This decision is between you, the person you are dating, and God. And that’s it. At the end of the day, it is your choice.
3. There will be dissonance between what you feel and what who you’re dating feels, so learn the skill of marriage and communicate.
4. Don’t chase a rainbow. Don’t wait for a feeling that may never come. Deep down you’ll know when it’s right.
5. When you know, it’s time to act. Your relationship is like a plant and it is going to outgrow that little pot at some point. When it’s time, it needs to be in the garden so it doesn’t wither and wilt. Yep, we totally went there with a plant analogy haha.
I don’t claim for this to be gospel truth, but deciding if you should marry him or her is a BIG decision. The BIGGEST decision in fact. And it’s tough! So here are the things that would’ve and did help me.
Download the wedding planning workbook for this episode here