I'm an Idaho raised, Utah girl and wife to the love of my life, mama to two beautiful baby girls, girl boss with an amazing team supporting me, wedding podcaster and coach, believer and follower of Christ, and, of course, a wedding photographer!
I love telling love stories, uplifting and encouraging, and sharing what I know because sharing is caring!
Utah Wedding Photographer and the Regret Free Wedding Podcast: Episode 14: All Things Engagements, Bridals, and Wedding Day Photography
Utah Wedding photography is my profession so buckle up because this episode is jam packed with tips for getting the most out of your wedding day photography and bridal and engagement sessions.
Alright. This is my profession, so buckle up. This section is loaded with good information. I cannot wait to share with you some of my best tips and tricks.
First and most important is The Truth Behind Images. Let me let you in on a secret. The secret to amazing photos is how you’re feeling in that moment. Pictures are really just a reflection of how you feel. They capture emotions, not just what you see. Isn’t that why you love pictures from vacations? It doesn’t matter that your hair is blowing in your face and is knotted from the ocean breeze. You love that picture because you loved the way you felt in that moment. If you are happy when you take your pictures, you will be happy with them. That is why I care so much about helping you create a beautiful wedding day and not just capturing it.
So, beautiful wedding photography starts with you. Your wedding pictures will be as beautiful as you make them by how meaningful you make your day. As much as I wish I could, I can’t create what doesn’t exist. I can’t force connection, I can’t edit you to look like you had your hair and makeup professionally done if you didn’t. You have to create a beautiful wedding day if you want beautiful photos.
If you want to love your images, you have to love the way you feel. Do everything you can to arrive in a good mood. Here are 10 quick tips to do just that:
1. Eat and drink! I repeat, eat and drink!
2. Take what time you need. It is way more important to be happy and 15 minutes late than grouchy and on time.
3. Wear the outfit you feel most confident in. Even if it doesn’t match as perfectly or isn’t as “photo worthy”, if you love it, wear it.
4. Starting getting ready long before you think you actually need to. And leave earlier than you think you need to. It’s okay to get there before your photographer and just walk around.
5. Do something fun together right before your session or jam to some romantic or upbeat music on your way.
6. Don’t bottle your emotions. Seriously. Be open and talk together about anything that may be bothering either of you.
7. Communicate your expectations. If there’s anything you’re hoping for or want your photographer to be aware of, let them know!
8. Bring anything you think you may want. Your coat, blanket, hairspray, bobby pins, lipstick, whatever. If you’re debating, it never hurts to throw it in your car.
9. During your session, communicate with your photographer. Tell them when something doesn’t make sense or that you’re worried that your curls are falling out. Whatever, whenever. Communicate with them.
10. Relax. Take deep breaths. Seriously, it helps.
Head to Honeybook to get 20% off your subscription!
Tune into the rest of the Regret Free Wedding Podcast
and let us know your feedback! We love to hear it!
*Contains affiliate links.
March 25, 2021